I did everything I could to reach to our leaders and ask for their help.
我尽了一切努力联系我们的领导人并请求他们的帮助。
Simply for vpn免费下载 the crime of speaking out, the Taliban tried to kill me, shooting me in the face at point-blank range.
塔利班仅仅是为了说出自己的罪行,就试图杀死我,近距离朝我的脸开枪。
I was 15 years old.
我当时15岁。
But with the help of many doctors and even more prayers, I survived.
但在许多医生的帮助和更多的祈祷下,我活了下来。
Millions of people heard my story.
数百万人听过我的故事。
Presidents and prime ministers all over the world wanted to meet me.
世界各地的总统和总理都想见我。
I was finally in the rooms where decisions were made, and I could bring attention to girls like me who did not have the opportunity to be in school.
我终于来到了做出决定的房间,我可以引起像我这样没有机会上学的女孩的注意。
And that's when I realized that changing the world vpn免费 wasn't as simple as pointing out the problems.
就在那时,我意识到改变世界并不像指出问题那么简单。
You had to argue for every policy 免费vpn change and budget increase, and you might have to get 免费vpn the support of as many people as possible.
你必须为每一次政策变化和预算增加辩护,并且你可能必须得到尽可能多的人的支持。
And you might have to advocate for months or vpn免费 even years to take one step forward.
你可能需要倡导几个月甚至几年才能向前迈出一步。
Eventually, I came to believe that change was slow but steady, incremental, but thankfully inevitable.
最终,我开始相信,变化是缓慢但稳定的、渐进的,但值得庆幸的是,变化是不可避免的。
My foundation had been hope and vpn免费下载 optimism.
我的基础是希望和乐观。
Faith that people would do the right thing.
相信人们会做正确的事情。
Trust that when leaders said they cared about making our lives better, they meant it.
相信,当领导人说他们关心让我们的生活变得更好时,他们是认真的。
Even if it took longer than I wished.
即使花的时间比我希望的要长。
But then in a single day, my belief in progress shattered.
但一天之内,我对进步的信念破灭了。
It was August 2021.
那是2021年8月。
I was vpn免费下载 in the hospital, recovering from one last surgery to repair the facial paralysis I suffered after the attack.
我在医院,正在接受最后一次手术,以修复袭击后遭受的面部瘫痪。
I picked up my phone and saw: The Taliban had taken control of Afghanistan.
我拿起手机一看:塔利班已经控制了阿富汗。
I was stunned.
我惊呆了。
Shattered.
支离破碎。
Terrified.
吓坏了。
Angry.
生气。
How could I continue to have faith that things vpn软件免费 would improve?
我怎样才能继续相信事情会改善呢?
How could anyone believe that leaders were committed to girls' education when they handed over an entire country to the men who pointed a gun at my head and pulled the trigger?
当领导人将整个国家交给那些用枪指着我的头并扣动扳机的人时,怎么会有人相信他们致力于女孩的教育呢?
From vpn免费 the recovery room, I called Afghan women I knew, activists who were working around the country.
我在康复室给我认识的阿富汗妇女打电话,她们是在全国各地工作的活动人士。
They were frightened, vpn软件免费 too.
他们也很害怕。
On TV, experts and politicians were saying that the Taliban had changed.
在电视上,专家和政界人士表示塔利班已经改变。
That this vpn免费下载 new version of the Taliban wouldn't ban girls from school or oppress women.
这个新版本的塔利班不会禁止女孩上学或压迫妇女。
The Afghans I spoke with didn't believe it.
与我交谈过的阿富汗人并不相信。
And they were right.
他们是对的。
Today in Afghanistan, girls are not allowed to attend school past sixth grade.
如今,在阿富汗,六年级以上的女孩不允许上学。
It is vpn软件免费 a crime.
这是犯罪。
Women, who five years ago were doctors, politicians, engineers and artists, are not allowed to go to university or pursue a career.
五年前,女性是医生、政治家、工程师和艺术家,但她们不允许上大学或从事职业。
A vpn软件免费 woman speaking vpn免费下载 in public is a crime.
女性在公共场合讲话是犯罪行为。
But do you know what is not considered a crime?
但你知道什么不被视为犯罪吗?
This year, in 2026, the Taliban decreed that it is legal for men to beat their wives and daughters.
今年,即2026年,塔利班颁布法令,男子殴打妻子和女儿是合法的。
The Taliban have imposed a system of segregation and domination, a vpn免费下载 gender apartheid on millions of women and girls.
塔利班对数百万妇女和女孩实行了一种隔离和统治制度,一种性别隔离制度。
For years, I thought the purpose of my life vpn免费下载 was to serve girls.
多年来,我认为我生命的目的就是为女孩服务。
After Afghanistan, the optimism I had as an 11-year-old activist was gone.
阿富汗之后,我作为一名11岁活动家的乐观情绪消失了。
But I couldn't walk away.
但我无法走开。
Because I knew exactly what Afghan girls were going through.
因为我清楚地知道阿富汗女孩正在经历什么。
When I saw pictures of little girls standing 免费vpn outside the locked gates vpn免费 of their schools, I could not stop thinking about them.
当我看到小女孩站在学校紧锁的大门外的照片时,我无法停止思考她们。
I know many of us feel overwhelmed and lost today, like the obstacles are too big and there's little we can do to fix the problem.
我知道今天我们中的许多人都感到不知所措和失落,就像障碍太大了,我们几乎无能为力来解决这个问题。
But there's a lot I have learned over the past few years, and I want vpn免费下载 to share with you how to keep fighting for change when you have lost hope.
但过去几年我学到了很多,我想与大家分享如何在失去希望时继续为变革而奋斗。
First, you have to start with something.
首先,你必须从某事开始。
While I couldn't undo the catastrophe that had just happened in Afghanistan, I knew 免费vpn I had to get out of my hospital bed and find a way to help.
虽然我无法扭转刚刚在阿富汗发生的灾难,但我知道我必须从病床上爬起来,找到一种提供帮助的方法。
I started by supporting underground schools because the Afghan girls are not giving up on learning, even if it means risking their lives.
我首先支持地下学校,因为阿富汗女孩不会放弃学习,即使这意味着冒着生命危险。
Across the country today, they are listening to lessons on the radio, discreetly passing cassette tapes and books vpn软件免费 to each other and trying to keep studying in secret.
如今,在全国各地,他们都在听收音机的课程,小心翼翼地互相传递磁带和书籍,并试图继续秘密学习。
It is far from the education that they deserve, but it's a start.
这离他们应得的教育还很远,但这是一个开始。
The 免费vpn vpn软件免费 second thing I learned is the importance of working with others.
我学到的第二件事是与他人合作的重要性。
And that has led me to some unexpected places, like movie theaters and football fields.
这让我来到了一些意想不到的地方,比如电影院和足球场。
I have produced two films about Afghanistan -- "Bread and Roses" and "Champions of the Golden Valley" -- stories of Afghan men and women who are resisting the Taliban's oppression.
And I have joined the campaign of [the] Afghan vpn免费 women's national football team to push FIFA to allow them to compete vpn软件免费 in exile.
我还加入了阿富汗女足国家队的运动,推动国际足联允许她们在流亡中参加比赛。
The Taliban are erasing ...
塔利班正在消灭.
The Taliban are erasing women from public life.
塔利班正在将妇女从公共生活中抹去。
But I am here to do the opposite of what vpn免费 the Taliban want.
但我来这里是为了做与塔利班想要的相反的事情。
That is why I am taking every opportunity to show Afghan women speaking, vpn软件免费 singing, kicking a ball and standing up for their rights.
这就是为什么我利用一切机会向阿富汗妇女展示她们的演讲、唱歌、踢球和捍卫自己的权利。
Because the artists and athletes that I work with help connect the world to the women and girls who are living through this crisis and vpn免费 to vpn软件免费 the belief that every life carries equal worth.
I know it might sound foolish to be setting high goals when you are losing a battle.
我知道当你输掉一场战斗时设定高目标可能听起来很愚蠢。
But the bigger the fight, the bolder you have to be.
但战斗越激烈,你就越要勇敢。
What is happening in Afghanistan is a wake-up call for all of us.
阿富汗正在发生的事情给我们所有人敲响了警钟。
Because the Taliban's cruelty against women and girls did not begin in 2021.
因为塔利班对妇女和女孩的残酷行为并不是从2021年开始的。
They tried to silence me a decade earlier in Pakistan, and before I was even born, they were stopping girls from school in parts of Afghanistan.
十年前在巴基斯坦,他们试图让我闭嘴,甚至在我出生之前,他们就在阿富汗部分地区阻止女孩上学。
Yet we have no international laws vpn免费下载 against gender apartheid, no way to vpn免费 hold the perpetrators 免费vpn and their sympathizers accountable.
然而,我们没有反对性别隔离的国际法,也没有办法追究肇事者及其同情者的责任。
That is why Afghan women are campaigning to add these abuses to the UN's Crimes Against Humanity treaty.
这就是为什么阿富汗妇女正在竞选将这些虐待行为添加到联合国的《反人类罪条约》中。
And I have joined this vpn软件免费 movement to ensure that we change things for women and girls everywhere.
我加入这场运动是为了确保我们为世界各地的妇女和女孩改变现状。
It is a big goal.
这是一个很大的目标。
I know it may take many years vpn软件免费 to see the Taliban brought vpn软件免费 to justice, but I will keep fighting so that these crimes are not 免费vpn committed against another generation of girls anywhere in the world.