What will it take 免费vpn for America to vpn软件免费 lead 免费vpn the global AI competition?
要让美国在全球人工智能竞赛中占据领先地位,需要具备哪些条件呢?
Now we all know we’ll need plentiful energy, the best chips, the most innovative AI companies, the best models, but I argue that's not nearly vpn免费下载 enough.
Because vpn免费 recessions, social unrest, political upheaval, those will weaken our country, our politics and our economy.
因为经济衰退、社会动荡、政治动荡将削弱我们的国家、我们的政治和经济。
And ultimately, I believe, I know, they will lead to excessive, burdensome regulation of AI that will slow and stop and hinder AI innovation.
最终,我相信,我知道,它们将导致对人工智能的过度、繁重的监管,从而减缓、阻止和阻碍人工智能创新。
The reality is the United States can't lead the world vpn免费 in technological innovation if it's failing its people at home.
现实是,如果美国让国内人民失望,它就不能在技术创新方面领先世界。
We need a technology strategy and a 免费vpn human capital strategy, because the only 免费vpn way to truly win the long-term AI race is to lead in the technology and to have a plan that brings everybody along to an AI economy.
And I'm confident that that vpn软件免费 will happen again, this time with AI.
我相信这种情况会再次发生,这次是人工智能。
With time.
需要一些时间。
So what I'm worried about is the near-term disruption to workers as we transition from here to an AI economy.
我担心的是,当我们从这里过渡到人工智能经济时,短期内会对工人造成干扰。
Because, I know this as a former governor and secretary of commerce, America's workforce and career transition systems weren't built for this moment.
因为,作为前州长和商务部长,我知道美国的劳动力和职业过渡体系并不是为此刻而建立的。
Some people estimate tens of millions of American workers are in AI-vulnerable jobs.
一些人估计,有数千万美国工人从事人工智能脆弱的工作。
All vpn免费下载 kinds of jobs, people of every age, geography, income, level of education.
各种工作,各个年龄段、地理位置、收入、教育水平的人。
We are not prepared for this transition.
我们还没有为这种过渡做好准备。
And vpn免费下载 Americans know it.
美国人知道这一点。
I was at vpn免费 a bar the other night vpn免费 watching NCAA basketball.
前几天晚上我在酒吧看NCAA篮球比赛。
Huge University of Michigan fan.
我是密歇根大学的超级粉丝。
And it's all -- Go Blue!
Blue加油!
It's all everybody was talking about.
这就是每个人都在谈论的。
It's all the 免费vpn chatter.
大家都在谈论。
"What are you going to do when you lose your job to AI?"
“当你被人工智能夺走工作时你会怎么办?”
"I'm so bummed, I'm paying all this money for tuition for my kids in college. Are they going to have a job when they're done?"
“我很焦虑,我为我的孩子们上大学支付了这么多学费。完成后他们会有工作吗?"
Americans are anxious for a reason, and we owe them more than empathy.
美国人的焦虑是有原因的,我们对他们不仅仅是同理心。
We owe them a plan, vpn软件免费 we owe them action.
我们欠他们一个计划,我们欠他们行动。
And 免费vpn so far, I'm not hearing a lot of good solutions.
到目前为止,我还没有听到很多好的解决方案。
There's the slow AI, stop AI, overregulate AI crowd.
有一群人主张缓慢发展人工智能、停止人工智能的发展,或者过度监管人工智能。
It's a bad idea.
这个主意并不好。
It denies Americans the promise of AI, and China will pull ahead.
它否认了美国人对人工智能的承诺,而中国在这方面是领先的。
And then there's the universal basic income crowd.
然后是全民基本收入人群。
That's also a bad idea.
这个主意也不大好。
Every one of you know, a job is more than a paycheck.
你们每个人都知道,工作不仅仅是薪水。
It's dignity, it's purpose, it's pride.
这关乎尊严,这关乎目的,这关乎自豪感。
Without purposeful work, a society unravels.
如果没有有目的的工作,社会就会崩溃。
So what are the elements of an effective transition plan?
那么有效的过渡计划的要素有哪些?
Unfortunately, as I stand here today, I don't know the exact details, But here's what I do know.
不幸的是,当我今天站在这里时,我不知道确切的细节,但这是我所知道的。
I know it's rooted in a new grand bargain between government and business.
我知道这植根于政府和企业之间新的大交易。
I know it means tearing down the wall vpn软件免费 we've had for so long between school and jobs, vpn免费 and I know industry, every company needs to help lead the transition.
我知道这意味着拆除我们长期以来在学校和工作之间的围墙,我知道行业,每家公司都需要帮助领导转型。
And here is what I know more than anything else.
这是我最了解的事情。
I know if vpn软件免费 we are determined, we can make it happen.
我知道如果我们有决心,我们就能实现这一目标。
At a minimum, we vpn免费 need massive changes vpn软件免费 in both vpn免费下载 our workforce training system and our career transition 免费vpn support system.
至少,我们需要对我们的劳动力培训系统和职业过渡支持系统进行重大变革。
In an effective workforce training system, employers define where work is today, what skills are needed, where it's going.
在有效的劳动力培训系统中,雇主定义今天的工作地点、需要哪些技能以及工作地点。
And then schools and government training programs prepare people to get there.
然后学校和政府培训项目让人们为到达那里做好准备。
That is not what we have today.
这不是我们今天所拥有的。
Today, in our country, we spend hundreds of billions of dollars to incentivize enrollment in college -- without regard to whether people get a degree, the skills they need for a job or a job.
The truth is, and you all know this, government and schools don't know the skills employers need today vpn免费下载 or will need tomorrow.
事实是,你们都知道,政府和学校不知道雇主今天需要或明天需要什么技能。
Industry has the most accurate and dynamic view.
行业拥有最准确、最动态的观点。
By the way, I've seen vpn免费下载 this be successful as governor and secretary of commerce.
顺便说一句,作为州长和商务部长,我已经看到了这一点的成功。
When TSMC decided to expand manufacturing of chips in America, they told us what they needed.
当台积电决定扩大在美国的芯片制造时,他们告诉我们他们需要什么。
They needed skilled electrical engineers and equipment operators.
他们需要熟练的电气工程师和设备操作员。
So we got to work.
所以我们得工作了。
We designed with them, with community college, with certificate initiatives, accelerated certificate programs and apprenticeships tailored to the company's needs.
我们与他们一起设计,与社区大学一起设计,并根据公司的需求量身定制证书计划、加速证书计划和学徒制。
Today, TSMC is thriving in Arizona, making leading-edge AI chips at scale for the first time in America's history.